Health & Safety Guidelines
We are committed to producing a safe event for our attendees, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, volunteers and staff. We are carefully monitoring government guidelines and public health regulations and consulting the event venue to ensure the event will be a safe place to interact and conduct business. Making our Summit safe and accessible to everyone in attendance is our top priority.
As part of our commitment, we have developed safety protocols and best practices around COVID-19 response and prevention which is being updated as more information and guidance becomes available.
Prior to the Event:
- If you feel sick, are experiencing any symptoms or have had exposure to COVID-19, please do not come to the event.
- Please don’t forget your own face covering if you choose to wear a mask. Use of face masks is not mandatory. Please use your own discretion in regards to what's best for your own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
- Please review travel guidelines prior to travelling, and if travelling from outside of Canada
Arriving at the Event:
- Please monitor your health and if you’re feeling ill, please do not attend the event.
- The province of Alberta is currently not mandating proof of COVID-19 vaccination to attend events. However, Humane Canada™ strongly encourages attendees to carry proof of vaccination with them. Learn more.
During the Event:
- Please monitor your own health daily and abstain from attending the event if you experience any of the following symptoms: cough, fever, sneezing, runny nose, and headaches. We ask for your best judgement in helping maintain all of our attendees' safety at this event.
- Use of face masks at this event is not mandatory. Public Health Canada recommends wearing a mask in public indoor settings. Please use your own discretion in regards to what's best for your own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
- The 2 metres of social distancing is recommended, wherever possible.
- There will be hand sanitizer accessible to all in attendance.
- There will be signage throughout as a reminder of safety protocols.
- The event space will be cleaned more frequently, and regular disinfecting will take place.
- Food will be provided as served buffets.
- Air purifiers will be placed around the event areas.
- We will be utilizing digital materials whenever possible to eliminate the need for printed materials and other high-touch items.
- There will be red and white lanyards available at the registration desk.
- Purple indicates = Hello from afar!
- White indicates = handshakes and hugs are welcome!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org