About the Humane Canada™ 2022 Summit for Animals
This year, Humane Canada™ is proud to refresh the National Animal Welfare Conference (NAWC) and present our Summit for Animals. Since 2014, NAWC has positioned itself as the biggest and best-attended animal welfare conference in Canada, focusing on both professional development and community building.
The Summit is not only a refreshed identity, but a refreshed event format. This hybrid event will feature the same interactive online platform that has earned Humane Canada™ a 95% participant satisfaction rating. For 2022, we will be delivering sessions over the entire month of May!
What was once three days of continuous learning has now been spread out over four weeks of online learning. Short sessions over many days mean that you can make the most of your online learning and networking. Many of these sessions will be pre-recorded and on-demand to suit your busy schedule. And as always, live sessions will be available to take in when your schedule permits. Save on travel costs, tune in when you can, join the live chats, win prizes, and network with industry pros so that you can bring your best self to these sessions.
PLUS: Maybe it’s time to get out again? Register for the culminating event: a two day, in-person Summit you won’t want to miss – chock-full of interactive sessions, workshops, plenaries and a keynote address. The in-person Summit will be largely focused on animal sheltering and will take place at a Canadian location to be confirmed. Registration for in-person attendance is limited.
Join us online, in-person or both at the 2022 Humane Canada™ Summit for Animals.
What to Expect?
Four weeks of online learning sessions, featuring both live and pre-recorded sessions as well as interactive activities and networking. Two days of hybrid event activities - available online or in-person, including live sessions, workshops, social sessions and a keynote address.
- Enjoy short sessions, both live & pre-recorded over the course of 4 weeks.
- Participate in live chats with other registrants and speakers.
- Ask questions during live sessions happening at the in-person event - your input will be streamed live during those days for a fully integrated experience.
- Enjoy all of the online features
- Attend live, in-person sessions May 26 & 27 - focusing on animal sheltering.
- Take in exclusive activities, food and networking over two short days at a beautiful Canadian location (To be announced soon! - stay tuned).
- Participate in two in-person workshops with peers and experts. These workshops will not be recorded and shared.
The Summit is a professional event for the animal welfare sector and includes attendees from the following areas:
- SPCA, humane societies and shelter/rescue employees,
- Animal enforcement personnel,
- Veterinary community,
- Animal care professionals who work with companion animals, farm animals or wildlife,
- Animal advocates and volunteers,
- Researchers and scientists, and
- Students in any discipline